Tell us about Neapolitan Wikipedia
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- I think that we are ... 2 or 3. Chelin (talk) 20:06, 5 April 2013 (UTC)
- 3 people, but I'm hardly active. PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:57, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- I don't know, but I don't think very often. Chelin (talk) 20:06, 5 April 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think it has happened. PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:57, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Do you have special contacts with other Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
Organization and supportEdit
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- Neapolitan is mostly spoken in Southern Italy (e.g., Campania). There is a chapter Wikimedia Italia, but I don't think there has been much contact with it. πr2 (t • c) 17:06, 12 April 2013 (UTC)
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic communityEdit
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- Who (else) supports you?
- What does the public outreach for your edition look like? Do you have flyers, give lectures, training etc.?
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- Does your edition concentrate on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- Yes, half of the Neapolitan Wikipedia is talking about Italian municipalities. Chelin (talk) 20:06, 5 April 2013 (UTC)
- Definitely. PiRSquared17 (talk) 16:29, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
- Main/Front page of your Wikipedia: nap.wikipedia.org