Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- Last week's Tech News had delivery problems. Some did not get the newsletter. Some got it more than one time. The developers are working on the problem. 
- There was a problem with the new MediaWiki version last week. The new version was paused. 
Changes later this week
- You will be able to read but not to edit some mid-sized wikis for up to 30 minutes on September 17 at 05:00 (UTC). You can see which wikis. 
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 17 September. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 18 September. It will be on all wikis from 19 September (calendar).
- The Wikipedia app for Android invites users to do small tasks. This is to get more readers to edit. If they get reverted too many times it will pause or block the tasks for that user. All normal editing will still work if the community doesn't block the user. The developers want to know if the plan looks OK. You can see what it could look like and give feedback.
- When you look at an old version of a page you get a warning that this is not the newest version. This uses the CSS class
.mw-revision. It will use the CSS class
.warningbox for styling instead. If your wiki uses templates to change how the warning looks they will have to be updated. This will happen later. If this would cause problems you should tell the developers in the next couple of weeks. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.