Latest comment: 2 days ago by Quiddity (WMF) in topic Transclusion, or redirect?
Return to "Tech/News" page.
Community Wishlist Survey iconEdit
I recently added a draft announcement to a Tech News and selected a nice gift icon ( ) to signify a completed Community Wishlist Survey proposal. Is that okay, and if so, is there anywhere I can make a note to remind people to use it? — TheresNoTime (talk • they/them) 18:44, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
- Sure, I've added it to the notes at Tech/News/Manual#Icons. I'll try to remember to add it, when a relevant item appears.
- And thanks for adding the entry directly, and even using
#specialso I don't have to look it up! Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 20:11, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
- I get a message "file not found" on this icon, here and in the news (and in the manual too). Want a screenshot? IKhitron (talk) 22:23, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
- Looks like more T331820 :-/ — TheresNoTime (talk • they/them) 22:34, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
Transclusion, or redirect?Edit
What would be the redirect to Tech/News/Latest from sister enwiki, or even better: its transclusion?
Case in case: over at en:User talk:DePiep I transclude latest (local) Signpost all right, but a link to mw:Tech/News/Latest does not work let alone transclusion. DePiep (talk) 07:15, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
- Link is [[meta:Tech/News/Latest]] Wargo (talk) 10:19, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
- As Wargo notes, the current link on your talkpage is pointing to "mw" instead of "m".
- However, you might prefer to transclude w:Template:Latest tech news. -- Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 22:26, 28 March 2023 (UTC)