Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- You can now see moved paragraphs in diffs in the mobile view. It also works on all languages in the desktop view. 
- Bureaucrats on all Wikimedia wikis can now remove the interface admin user right. 
- Some diffs show lines in the wrong order. The developers are working on fixing it. 
Pakeitimai šią savaitę
- The message you see when you thank a user will change. This is to make it easier to understand. 
- AWB will stop adding
using AWB in the edit summary. Instead it will add a tag that says
- Some abuse filter variables have changed. They are now easier to understand for non-experts. The old variables will still work but filter editors are encouraged to replace them with the new ones. You can find the list of changed variables on mediawiki.org. They have a note which says
Deprecated. Use ... instead. An example is
article_text which is now
- Abuse filters can now use how old a page is. The variable is
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 28 Rugpjūtis. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 29 Rugpjūtis. It will be on all wikis from 30 Rugpjūtis (calendar).
- You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on 28 Rugpjūtis at 18:30 (UTC). See how to join.
- You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on 29 Rugpjūtis at 15:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- Because of a data centre test you will be able to read but not edit the wikis for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October. This will start at 14:00 (UTC). You might lose edits if you try to save during this time. The time when you can't edit might be shorter than an hour. You can read more about this.
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.