The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe, contribute and give feedback.
|önceki||2016, 45. hafta (07 Kasım 2016 Pazartesi)||sonraki|
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- Victoria Coleman is the new Chief technology officer for the Wikimedia Foundation. 
- First release candidate for MediaWiki 1.28 is now available. 
.gitreviewfor MediaWiki branches and extensions switched from targeting a specific branch to using
- Section numbers in Table of Contents boxes will use grey to improve readability. 
Changes this week
- The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey begins on 7 November.
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from November 8th. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from November 9th. It will be on all wikis from November 10th (calendar).
- Special:ActiveUsers will allow users groups selection. 
- You can join the next meeting with the VisualEditor team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on 8 November 2016 at 20:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- You can join the next meeting with the Architecture committee. The topics this week are Image Thumbnail API and allow SVG files uploaded on MediaWiki to have XHTML namespaces. The meeting will be on 9 November at 21:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- RevisionSlider will be enabled by default on all beta wikis, on testwiki, testwiki2, mediawikiwiki and de.wikipedia.org. 
- Yakın zamandaki tatiller kurulumları etkileyecek. Takvim yayınlandı.
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.