Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- The ContentTranslation extension has been updated:
- You can now type in list paragraphs on wikis with right-to-left scripts. 
- Some user interface updates changed how details in the ContentTranslation extension look.    
- The error page you see when the sites are not working is now simpler and easier to read. It also shows the Wikimedia logo. 
- MediaWiki now supports redirects for CSS pages. 
- Bots can't guess captchas unlimited times anymore. 
- There was a problem with thumbnails on wikis with local images on July 24 and 25. It was due to a code error. 
- We can't search by file type on Wikimedia wikis now. 
Zmiany w tym tygodniu
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from August 4. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from August 5. It will be on all Wikipedias from August 6 (calendar).
- You can join the next meeting with the VisualEditor team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs are the most important. The meeting will be on August 4 at 19:00 (UTC). See how to join.
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.