The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe, contribute and give feedback.
|previous||2015, week 24 (Monday 08 June 2015)||next|
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
Changes this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from June 9. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from June 10. It will be on all Wikipedias from June 11 (calendar).  
- If you use the Monobook skin, the buttons and other controls now look more the same in VisualEditor and other tools. 
- When you edit links and other items in VisualEditor, you now need to apply your change before closing the tool. 
- The title of dialogs is now easier to see when it is near long buttons. 
- You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs are the most important. The meeting will be on June 9 at 19:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- You can join a meeting with the Language team. The meeting will be on June 10 at 14:30 (UTC). 
- If you have a bot, you may need to fix it. The default continuation mode of the API for
action=querywill change at the end of June. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.