Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- You can now create books on almost all wikis. It doesn't work yet on wikis using the language converter.  
- VisualEditor had problems with categories in Safari. It sometimes moved or removed the categories. The issue is now fixed.   
Changes this week
- The new version of MediaWiki has been on test wikis and MediaWiki.org since March 4. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from March 10. It will be on all Wikipedias from March 11 (calendar).
- In VisualEditor the "Edit beta" button is now called "Edit" on the English Wikipedia.  
- The feedback tool in VisualEditor now looks like the other tools. It also asks for information about your browser to help fix bugs.  
- You now see the VisualEditor toolbar even if the rest of the page is still loading.  
- You now see more information when you edit a link, a reference or other items in VisualEditor. You also see a clearer edit button in those tools.  
- If you use the ContentTranslation tool you now see red links in the list of articles in other languages. The link is red if the article doesn't exist in the language of your options or of your browser. You can translate the article by clicking on the red link.
- You can read the notes from the last meeting with the VisualEditor team.
- You can join the next weekly meeting with the VisualEditor team. During the meetings you can tell developers which bugs are the most important. The meeting will be on March 11 at 19:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- You can join a technical meeting in France in May. You can ask for help if you can't pay yourself. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.