The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe, contribute and give feedback.
|previous||2014, week 48 (Monday 24 November 2014)||next|
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- The move from Bugzilla to Phabricator is done. You can now report bugs in Phabricator. 
- There was a problem when editing tables in VisualEditor. VisualEditor was trying to fix bad values for the
rowspanoption. VisualEditor now leaves the bad values to avoid making things worse. This was fixed on November 17. 
Software changes this week
- The new version of MediaWiki (1.25wmf9) has been on test wikis and MediaWiki.org since November 19. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from November 25, and on all Wikipedias from November 26 (calendar).
- You will be able to try VisualEditor on many new wikis for the first time. After November 26, VisualEditor will become available on Wikidata, Wikiquote, Wikibooks, Wikiversity, Wikivoyage, and Wikinews wikis. You can find it in your Beta options. 
- VisualEditor now tells you if your edit needs to be approved. 
- You can now use VisualEditor's tools directly when you resume editing after closing the save window. 
- VisualEditor's table editing tools now work better in right-to-left languages.  
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.