Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- There was an issue with files from Commons on October 21. You could only see those with names between 140 and 159 characters by visiting Commons itself. 
- There was a problem with cut and paste in VisualEditor in Firefox. It was fixed quickly. 
- There was a problem with editing math in VisualEditor. It was fixed quickly. 
Software changes this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will now come to Wikipedia sites every Wednesday, instead of every Thursday. 
- The new version of MediaWiki (1.25wmf5) has been on test wikis and MediaWiki.org since October 23. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from October 28, and on all Wikipedias from October 29 (calendar).
- VisualEditor now uses autovalues for templates if they are in TemplateData.   
- VisualEditor's menu items now show their shortcuts beside them. 
- VisualEditor now opens faster when you click "edit". 
- The rules for plurals in translations changed in some languages. Interface translations are currently not being updated from translatewiki.net; this process will start again on November 6. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.