Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
Changes this week
- The new version of MediaWiki (1.25wmf2) has been on test wikis and MediaWiki.org since 2 October. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from 7 October, and on all Wikipedias from 9 October (calendar).
- If you make a code mistake when editing a Lua script, you won't be able to save your edit.  
- We fixed some more Internet Explorer bugs. If you use Internet Explorer 10, you will be able to use VisualEditor next week. Support for earlier versions is coming next. 
- On Thursday, the tool to edit TemplateData will come to 30 more wikis.  
- You can help sort bugs in the Book and PDF export tool on October 8. 
- 1% of logged-out readers are getting pages from servers that run the HHVM tool. HHVM should make pages load faster. 
- You can look at the plan of the Mobile team for their future work. 
- More changes to Media Viewer are coming. It will be easier to disable it, and you will see the caption below the image.  
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.