Outdated translations are marked like this.
- The previous version of MediaWiki (1.22/wmf13) was added to test wikis and MediaWiki.org on August 15. It was enabled on non-Wikipedia sites on August 19, and on all Wikipedias on August 22. 
- The latest version of MediaWiki (1.22/wmf14) was added to test wikis and MediaWiki.org on August 22. It will be enabled on non-Wikipedia sites on August 26, and on all Wikipedias on August 29. 
- You can now use new styles of galleries. Please give feedback to User:Bawolff. 
- You can now visit a random page in a category, for example Special:RandomInCategory/Science. (25931) 
- You can now use the
<wbr>HTML5 tag to say where a word can be cut. (52468) 
- Gadget authors: you can now use the
wikipage.contenthook, so that your scripts are re-run when a page is changed after the
document-readyevent (for example using Ajax). (30713) 
- There was a bug where file redirects didn't work when a file was renamed; it is now fixed. There is still an issue with purging, but it should be fixed soon. (52200)
- Maintenance reports provided by special pages will now all be updated on each wiki every six months. This will for example give you recent information on uncategorized pages, unused templates and most wanted pages (see details).
- There was a bug that caused false positives for anti-blanking edit filters; it is now fixed. (52077) 
- The "edit" and "edit source" tabs and section edit links can now be changed more easily; for example, some wikis are using "edit source" for wikitext editing, and "edit beta" for VisualEditor. You can ask for the same change in bugzilla.
- You can now edit references that are added inside a
- You can now test on mediawiki.org new basic tools to add and edit struck text (with the button for the
<s>tag), lower text ( for
<sub>), upper text ( for
<sup>), underlined text ( for
<u>), computer code ( for
<tt>), math text ( for
<math>), Egyptian hieroglyphs ( for
<hiero>), and to say that text is in another language ( for
lang="ar" dir="rtl"). (51609, 51612, 51611, 51590, 51610, 52352)
Визуальный редактор стал частично поддерживать браузер Opera.
- Starting on August 26, you will be able to use data from Wikidata on Wikivoyage sites. 
- Starting on August 27, you will also get notifications on the mobile site if you're logged in to a wiki using notifications. 
- Starting on August 28, all users with an account will be using HTTPS to access Wikimedia sites. HTTPS brings better security and improves your privacy. Some countries (like China) will not use HTTPS. If HTTPS causes problems for you, tell us on meta. 
- The plan to use Solr for search in MediaWiki was changed; instead, Elasticsearch is now planned.