Talk:Wikicite/grant/Bibliography and citations of Hausa folklore
Latest comment: 2 years ago by Anasskoko in topic Libraries open?
Return to "Wikicite/grant/Bibliography and citations of Hausa folklore" page.
@Anasskoko: thank you for your proposal, and for your notifying me of it being submitted. I have a couple of questions for you.
- In the COVID section, I see you have indicated some aspects of safety you intend to follow. However, if you wish to hold any in-person events, it is important that you fill in the full form linked in the document. For comparison, this is two other applications which are also hoping to do in-perosn events - so you can see how they wrote it: 1, 2. The process is explained at: Grants:Risk_assessment_during_COVID-19.
- I am impressed with the number of items/articles you intend to work on. But it would be useful if you could provide links/descriptions to the categories / SPARQL queries which show the worklist of the subject. What is the status of Hausa Folklore at the moment on Wikipedia(s)/Wikidata?
- And, when there is a 'negative list' (like "articles for notable people" without Wikipedia articles - how are you identifying these people?
Thank you LWyatt (WMF) (talk) 18:58, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- @LWyatt (WMF): thank you for responding to the proposal, Sorry for delay in response to your question, It takes me alot of time to discuss this with my team members on how to take all necessary plan precautions agaisnt COVID-19, and we makes plans by discussion before filling out the COVID_risk_assessment tool, so here are the answers to your question question.
- - COVID_risk_assessment link have been provided in the content page, and issues have been discussed with the project members on how to do things perfectly safe.
- - Links/descriptions have been provided in a tubular form, and the status of Hausa forklore is very poor in terms of bibliography and citations, as can be seen in the links provided to various article in Hausa Wikipedia.
- - Yes there is negative list of biographies in Hausa Wikipedia, especially for notable people, and we identify them in various aspect like in books, fork tales and media broadcasting, and some of the notable Hausa people possesses aticle in other large Wikis.--AnasskokoTalk 22:10, 1 October 2020 (UTC)
Hello, thank you for your proposal. You mention visiting libraries, museums and archives. Are such libraries open in Nigeria now? I ask because in many places they are still closed due to Covid risk. Thank you! -- phoebe | talk 03:22, 5 October 2020 (UTC)
- Hello @Phoebe:,
- Sorry for not replying in time, that happens because I did not receive any alert or pinging from this discussion, yes I made mention of visiting libraries, museums and archives, yes such libraries are open now but with some limitations of occupancy and mobility inside and outside as precaution against Covid-19, and almost 44 Federal Universities and 48 State Universities will reopen soon around 12th or 15th of this month as reported by BBC here https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-54078885.amp.--AnasskokoTalk 22:43, 5 October 2020 (UTC)