This page is for discussions related to the Steward requests/Permissions page.
Please remember to:
For older conversations you can see the archive index.
Extension of waiting period for Zhuyifei1999@commonswikiEdit
Regarding Zhuyifei1999@commonswiki: I would like to ask for an extension of the standard 1 day waiting period for resignation of advanced permissions to something like 7 days --Schlurcher (talk) 15:58, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- @Schlurcher: I don't think -revi meant this talk page. It should be the user talk page (here/commons) for them to reconsider. And no, 1 day is long enough to prevent rage quit. I won't want 7 days. Regards, :)Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 16:03, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- My intention is that "if you have something to say to Zhuyifei, go to their talk page". Also, I do not think we need to increase our standard waiting times for that long. — regards, Revi 16:05, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- @-revi: Given the situation (which continues to develop) and differing time zones, extending the waiting period with a few days (3 or so?) may be reasonable. Alexis Jazz (ping me) 16:08, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- I did sent Zhuyifei1999 an e-mail. Zhuyifei1999 stated that he will not read his talk page any more. I'm not asking for a general extension, but for an extension in this case. 3 days seem to be fair. --Schlurcher (talk) 16:11, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- Alexis Jazz, We tend to respect the user's request for removal over other people's request, so that is unlikely to happen, unless Zhuyifei requests extension (or withdraw himself). — regards, Revi 16:12, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- For this reason I made my original request. I would like to give them at least some time to consider or a chance to ask for an extension themselves. --Schlurcher (talk) 16:15, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- @-revi: To indicate what's going on: you may be looking at the removal of 5 different sysop bits in the near future. That's the kind of situation we are in. Could you at least wait until Zhuyifei has had a chance to respond to mails from me and Schlurcher? That may not result in an actual extension, but time zones differ and Zhuyifei may have chosen to leave their keyboard for a moment. Alexis Jazz (ping me) 16:18, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- Zhuyifei has responded so I'm good. Alexis Jazz (ping me) 21:12, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
- I still think a longer waiting period is fair, as the topic that lead to Zhuyifei1999 request is still being discussed heavily on Commons. As my original ask for 7 days (which I still consider short) does not seem to resonate well, I would appreciate an extended waiting time of 3 days. I fully understand that it may not change anything, but we can win more than we loose. Some things require time. --Schlurcher (talk) 22:53, 26 March 2020 (UTC)