- Queries and suggestions
- When is the event? Why no mention of that? First thing to do when someone announces an event is the venue, date and time. Only venue is mentioned here.
- It is written Anyone staying in Bangalore with the basic knowledge of Wikisource is allowed to take part in the event. This is bad language. I can infer that you wanted to forewarn that no sponsorship for travel and accommodations will be provided for people from places other than Bangalore. Is that so? Then it should be mentioned so and not this way. What if someone is ready to self-sponsor the travel and accommodation?--Pavanaja (talk) 05:32, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- It's my bad that I had not mentioned the dates earlier and I have clearly mentioned that only people staying in Bangalore can take part because this event is hosted by Samskrita Bharati, Aksharam and we are just the supporters. But if the interest people come up and request CIS-A2K for the travel and accommodation support then we can arrange for it.--Ananth (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:47, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
Hello! Participant, please share your valuable feedback about this consultation. This year we are inviting on-Wiki feedback, instead of a survey form. Please create a level 3 section below with === YourUsername === and write your feedback. Your post is expected to have these points:
- What went well at the event?
- What did not go well during the event, and how it could be improved?
- What did you learn in the workshop?
- What learning did you share with others?
- Your planned future activities?
Please do not use anyone's real name here and use usernames only. Please feel free to share feedback in Indian language such as,Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Punjabi. Please do not share any personal information. If you need to share something confidential, send it to jayanta cis-india.org. Sign your post with ~~~~
- विकिप्रपञ्चः विशालः अस्तीति ज्ञातवान्।
- wikidata विषयः किञ्चित् अस्पष्टः आसीत्। तत्र विषययोजनादिकं सम्यक् न ज्ञातवान्।
- कार्यशालायां अनेकेषां tools विषये ज्ञातवान्। विविधमूलेभ्यः विकिस्रोतसि ग्रन्थानाम् आरोपणं करणीयम् इत्यपि ज्ञातम्।
- editing tools उपयोगविषये सर्वान् वदामि।
- ग्रन्थानां transclusion कृत्वा scanned text योजयिष्यामि।
- Sessions on Wikisource were very interesting.
- Wikidata concept is little confusing.
- Got an overall view of wikisource say from scanning or uploading the books from various sources up to transclusion as well as different tools used for the same.
- Can help others to edit in wikisource and as a result contribute to wiki.
- Scan and upload as many books as possible. Create awareness among people to use Wikisource.
- Significance of wikisource was well explained. Different tools to upload and to edit texts were well understood by all.
- There was not enough time to get clear idea about Wiki data. As suggested there should be a different workshop for this. How to download texts in different formats was one issue which was not touched.Of course it is our mistake that we forgot to raise this issue.
- I learnt about the importance of bringing many gadgets which help all editors to work easily and quickly. I got clear idea about conducting wikisource workshop for new users.
- We discussed how we can improve Samskrit wikisource and how we can take it to more people through our joint and dedicated effort.
- We want to approach and conduct wikisource workshops in different educational institutions. And also we would like to conduct these workshops for public who are really enthusiastic in contributing for Samskrit literature.
On behalf of Samskrit community (Bangalore) I would like to convey our heartfelt thanks to CIS for all its cooperation in conducting this workshop in our premises. - Shubha (talk) 11:39, 25 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Soorya Hebbar:,@Surekha Kamath: and @Shubha: ji, thank you for your valuable feedback for this workshop. We have look at and special attention to you suggestion in future workshop. We will try to organized a separate workshop for Wikidata project. Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:34, 27 January 2019 (UTC)