Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Meena gayathri.s
- Wikipedia username
- Meena gayathri.s
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- I am contributing to Telugu Wikipedia and Telugu Wikisource from last 4 years. On-wiki, I generally contribute to improving the quality content (normally by translating from English to Telugu) and also the diversity of Wikipedia. I also designed and participated off-wiki activities which normally aims to improve quality and content.
- I created 100WomenWikidays campaign to bridge the gender gap in Wikipedias in December 2016 and completed it successfully. Also could inspire Telugu Wikipedians User:Pranayraj1985, User:స్వరలాసిక (List of articles), and some Indic language Wikipedians to take up this challenge. This helped in bridging gender gap and also improving awareness about diversity.
- I was the first ever Women Wikipedian from Southern Indian language Wikipedias to successfully complete 100Wikidays
- I am improving many Under quality Machine translated articles which helped to improve quality of Telugu Wikipedia and also contributed to prioritizing those articles to improve. Even I created the project and also contributed to policy level discussions about how to improve or whether to delete the under quality machine translation articles.
- I am one of the major contributors to Punjab Edit-a-thon in Telugu Wikipedia. I have translated several articles especially related to Punjab culture and cuisine.
- I also contributed to Project "Making Telugu Content Available" and cataloged 1000s of books that are available online but have no access because of poor cataloging process followed by archive organizers. This helped improving content using the books and quality by adding references to several existing articles. Telugu Wikisource is one of the major beneficiaries of this project which got tens of public domain books from the archive.
- Carnatic music renderings to free licenses: I contacted local music festival organizers and performers to release their renderings during the season - 2014 in CC-BY-SA license. I am also instrumental in getting these copyright release documents signed and recording of the works, also uploading into commons.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop) Being an active contributor (both content and coordinating online edit-a-thons) to Telugu Wikipedia, I suddenly couldn't contribute much to the project after my marriage when I moved to my in-laws' house where there is no computer (neither desktop nor laptop). For last 3 months, I couldn't contribute to Telugu Wikipedia due to non-availability of laptop and internet. Wiki-projects that I am coordinating with 100WomenWikidays and Google Translated articles improvement are vital in improving Diversity, Quality, and Content in Telugu Wikipedia, which are now almost stalled. I am about to scale the campaign up to other Indic language Wikipedias, but I couldn't because of this issue. So, If I get a laptop and internet, I could not only continue my contributions but also could scale them up.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- I will contribute at least 100 New articles which will improve Telugu Wikipedia's Quality and Diversity.
- I will scale up 100WomenWikidays to other Indic language Wikipedias and get at least 2-3 hundred new articles about Women.
- I will improve 1000 Telugu Wikipedia articles in terms of quality.
Community discussion and endorsementsEdit
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support - K.Venkataramana (talk) 05:21, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - --Ajaybanbi (talk) 14:35, 5 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - --స్వరలాసిక (talk) 03:58, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - --శ్రీరామమూర్తి (talk) 07:18, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Meena Gayatri has successfully finished the 100Wikidays campaign. I am sure this grant will help Wikipedia.__Chaduvari (talk) 16:38, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support ---- Pranayraj Vangari (talk) |Contribs) 12:01, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support ---విశ్వనాధ్.బి.కె. (talk) 18:07, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Balajijagadesh (talk) 04:15, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
- i support
- Support -- --సుల్తాన్ ఖాదర్ (talk) 08:50, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Sreejithkoiloth (talk) 11:27, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 13:04, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Ahmed Nisar (talk) 12:09, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support She is an active wikipedian for longtime; Recently activity slowed down due to marriage and personal priorities and lack of a computer with internet facility. If we can provide her one, her contribution would be reactivated.--Rajasekhar1961 (talk) 10:51, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support I have gone through the range and significance of her positive additions to Wikimedia projects. I have also observed her enthusiasm and dedication towards Wikimedia mission during several training events where I happened to be one of the resource persons. As a token for the past contributions and a promise to her continued efforts in the future, this applicant deserves good facilitatory support from this program. ViswaPrabhaവിശ്വപ്രഭtalk 14:48, 25 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --రవిచంద్ర (talk) 16:53, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Sugeesh (talk) 17:52, 26 February 2018 (UTC)