Strukturita Dateno en Komunejo
The millions of files on Wikimedia Commons are described with a lot of information or (meta)data. With the project Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons, this data is structured more, and is made machine-readable. This will make it easier to view, search (also multilingually), edit, organize and re-use the files on Commons.
In early 2017, the Sloan Foundation funded this project (see documentation). Development takes place in 2017–2020. It involves staff from the Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Deutschland (WMDE) and many volunteers. To achieve this, Wikibase support is added to Wikimedia Commons. Wikibase is the technology that is also used for Wikidata.
- The project's information pages are at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data
- Structured data for Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums (GLAM)
- Newsletters about Structured Data on Commons:
- Newsletter archive
- Subscribe to the newsletter
- Help translating the newsletters (and other information) to your own language
- Research projects related to Structured Data on Commons: