Final Phase 1 reportsEdit
- Summary of the phase 1 process and outcomes: Review of phase 1: This is a complete review of the process and findings from phase 1 (January through September 2017).
- williamsworks final synthesis report: This is williamsworks’ compilation of the executive summaries from cycles 1-3 and their executive summary of the overall findings.
- williamsworks final report to the Wikimedia Foundation (slides): This is williamsworks’ overview of the findings and their recommendations for the future.
Community and organized group discussion reportsEdit
- Pre-discussion sources: This page contains links to a variety of discussions that occurred before the kickoff of Cycle 1.
- Synthesis report: This report summarizes the 1800+ statements gathered from the cycle 1 discussions (March 14 through April 18, 2017) and categories them into 13 main sub-themes. These were used to generate the 5 main themes used in cycle 2.
- Wikimedia Conference report: This is the report of the strategy discussions held at the Wikimedia conference (March 2017), in which 350 people from over 70 countries discussed the future of the movement.
- Sum of all discussion summaries: This is a summary of the weekly summaries written by the strategy coordinators for both organized groups and individual communities.
- All discussion sources by community or group: Master list of the links to the 108 summaries submitted by each source.
- Summary of product and program recommendations (from Cycle 1 sources)
- Product and program recommendations (cycle 1 discussions): slide presentation (.pdf file)
- Synthesis report: This report summarizes the overall insights from the 54 groups that participated in the cycle 2 discussions (May 11 through June 12, 2017). During cycle 2, people discussed 5 main questions per theme. These discussions were synthesized to better understand the prioritization and meaning of each theme.
- Synthesis report: This report summarizes the findings from cycle 3. Five key challenges posed by the New Voices research were presented weekly (July through early August). There were 827 individual summary statements from these discussions from 31 sources (communities and organized groups).
- Sum of all discussion summaries by challenges: This is a summary by challenge of the Source pages on Meta of Cycle 3 discussion written by strategy coordinators.
- Sum of all discussion summaries language: This is a summary by language of the Source pages on Meta of Cycle 3 discussion written by strategy coordinators.
- Strategic direction: See Discussion page for discussion on the draft as it evolved.
- Wikimania Movement Strategy Space report: This report summarizes the discussions concerning the draft during the Wikimania conference (August 10-13, 2017).
New Voices reportEdit
- Synthesis report: This report is a summary of all the research from New Voices to bring in those voices “not yet in the conversation” regarding movement strategy.
- More than 150 conversations on global issues with experts in Europe, Asia, Africa, North America, and Latin America. See Conversation notes for all summaries.
- On-the-ground research in Indonesia and Brazil that provided a deeper look into new ways people are sharing knowledge in these countries.
- Brand research in seven high-awareness countries to give insight into Wikimedia’s relevance across populations.
- Subject-specific desk research on political, social, and economic trends that will affect the future of free knowledge to give context on the future world in which we will be operating.
Final research reportsEdit
- Generative research (Indonesia and Brazil): This report has the complete findings of the research in Indonesia and Brazil that provided a deeper look into new ways people are sharing knowledge in these countries.
- Brand research: This report has the complete findings of the research conducted in seven high-awareness countries to give insight into Wikimedia’s relevance across populations, ages, and geographies.
- Report on major trends: A number of research papers that investigate upcoming trends for consideration as we develop the strategic direction.
- Considering 2030: Misinformation, verification, and propaganda (July 2017)
- Considering 2030: Future technology trends that will impact the Wikimedia movement (July 2017)
- Considering 2030: Demographic Shifts – How might Wikimedia extend its reach by 2030?
- Considering 2030: Future of literacy and learning (September 2017)
- Considering 2030: Future of reference and open knowledge (September 2017)
- Considering 2030: Future of the commons (September 2017)
- Considering 2030: Learning to expect the unexpected in 2030 (September 2017)
- Strategy 2030: Wikipedia's role in shaping the future of the information commons (January 2018)