Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Waray-Waray
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Waray-Waray|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||war (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Waray-Waray||Language name in English|
|Language name||Winaray||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q34279 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Waray Museum An Panitik Namon nga mga Waray Waray Lessons Leyte-Samar.org Online Lineyte-Samarnon (Waray) Dictionary Waray Dictionary at Bansa.org National Network of Normal Schools (3NS) Corpora Project||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Manila||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
There is already a Wikipedia in Waray. A Wiktionary in Waray should be the next project in this language.
Arguments in favour
- Support As one of the largest Philippine languages, and with a fairly active Wikipedia, I don't see any reason to oppose. --Sky Harbor 08:31, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
- Support With 40 million speakers, Visayan languages should be well supported in Wikipidia.--23prootie 22:12, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support As follower of the Holy Bible, I am favorable at the creation of the Wiktionary in Waray-Waray. In Wikimedia Incubator, I will create entries with books of the Bible in this language, already what exist 10,160 entries. Leonardo José Raimundo (talk) 20:54, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
- Currently 12.51% of the core messages and 0.04% of the messages used by the extensions used in the Wikimedia projects are localised. Thanks, GerardM 06:01, 2 November 2009 (UTC)