Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Gorontalo
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Gorontalo|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||gor (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Gorontalo||Language name in English|
|Language name||Hulontalo||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q2501174 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikitahe||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wiktionary||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Lo'iya Wikitahe||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Makassar||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
The Gorontalo language, or in the local dialect is called the Bahasa Hulontalo, is a family of Austronesian languages which are spoken in the Gorontalo area, on the northern peninsula of Sulawesi island, with fewer and fewer speakers. In 2015, it is estimated that there are about 1,000,000 active speakers of Gorontalo language.
The language has 14 types of oral literature, namely Tuja'i, Tanggomo, Leningo, Taleningo, Palebohu, Tinilo, Mala-mala, Lumadu, Bungga, Bunito, Lohidu, Pantungi, Wungguli, and Pilu. All of this is only in the memory of older speakers, rarely documented and lacks the younger generation. It is feared that when elderly speakers die, the source of life for the oral culture will also be died.
Wikipedia Gorontalo was started in 2010 in Incubator and released in 2018 to become an online encyclopedia that is useful for beginner speakers who want to learn all kinds of knowledge in the Gorontalo language. We try to incorporate elements of local culture like the ones above to protect it from extinction.
The Gorontalo language Wiktionary, started in 2014, is expected to become a basic foundation for those who still have difficulty speaking Gorontalo because it contains basic words and their derivatives in short sentences that are easy to implement.
The books that can make a guide in compiling the Gorontalo Language Wiktionary are:
- Gorontalo-Indonesian dictionary, Mansoer Pateda, Balai Pustaka
- Indonesian-Gorontalo dictionary, Mansoer Pateda, Balai Pustaka
- Morphology of Gorontalo Language, Yus Badudu, Djambatan
- Support With the consistency of the contributors of gorwiki, I support the proposal above. ··· 🌸 Rachmat04 · ☕ 05:54, 7 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support Wikis of languages with less users need Wiktionary to support their improvement. Kumincir (talk) 06:43, 4 September 2021 (UTC)
- Support I'm support the embodiment of Gorontalo Wiktionary. Ezagren (talk) 04:00, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
- Support According to the proposal above, Wiktionary Gorontalo would be a very good start for documenting the vocabulary. I support the proposal above. Dianosaurus (talk) 02:59, 6 September 2021 (UTC)
- Support A good way to document the language itself. I fully support this proposal. A Cat 🐈 (talk) 08:59, 6 September 2021 (UTC)
- Support Joseagush (talk) 04:13, 8 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support Zhoelyakin (talk) 21:14, 21 December 2021 (UTC)
- Support Per nom, has enough speaking community to power an online dictionary website in this language. ✒ Bennylin 06:11, 12 July 2022 (UTC)
- Putrohari, R. D., dkk. (2015). "Diaspora Melanesia di Nusantara". Direktorat Sejarah dan Nilai Budaya, Direktorat Jenderal Kebudayaan, Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan. Halaman: 191-192. ISBN : 978-602-1289-19-8
- Mari Mengenal Ragam Sastra Lisan Gorontalo