Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Emilian
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Emilian|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||egl (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Emilian||Language name in English|
|Language name||Emilian||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q1057898 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Reder (P, N), Babba (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||SIL International:Emilian, Emilian language||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Number of speakers: about 2.500.000
- Locations spoken: Italy
- Emilian is a Romance language belonging to the Northern Italian family, spoken in the regions of Emilia-Romagna, Lombardy, Tuscany and Veneto, in northern Italy. Emilian has around 2,500,000 speakers, the vast majority of whom also speak Italian.
Arguments in favourEdit
- Support as a proposer. An Emilian Wiktionary could be very important and usefull to preserve the vocabulary of this language. This project would also help the conservation of this languages and furthermore would create an Emilian vocabulary accessible to everyone. --Reder 15:28, 24 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support, as a possible contributor. --Babba 20:47, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
- Support.--GatoSelvadego (talk) 09:47, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
- Support, looks fine. --Frigotoni ...i'm here; 17:38, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support It is a necessary project. --Sarvaturi (talk) 16:13, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- Wiktionary in Emiliano-Romagnolo is probably better than this.--U.Steele (talk) 14:09, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but the Emiliano-Romagnolo ISO code (eml) has been splitted in 2009 in Emiliano (egl) and Romagnolo (rgn) code, then it don't longer exist. --Reder (talk) 08:16, 22 March 2012 (UTC)