Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Chinese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikivoyage Chinese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||zh (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Chinese||Language name in English|
|Language name||中文||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||维基导游 for zh-Hans, zh-CN, zh-MY, zh-SG, 維基導遊 for the others||"Wikivoyage" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikivoyage||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikivoyage talk||"Wikivoyage talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||[[:File:Wikivoyage-Logo-v3-zh-hans.png for zh-Hans, zh-CN, zh-MY, zh-SG, and File:Wikivoyage-Logo-v3-zh-hant.png for the others. ]]||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Shanghai||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
We are ready for setting up a Wikivoyage site in Chinese, and since all those Chinese users (and groups) are there all around the world, it must make great ease for them to build up a qualified website. Also please don't forget there're as many as 720,000+ articles in the Chinese Wikipedia, which we would assume signifies Chinese editors would also be acceptably active if a Chinese Wikivoyage site is established. Please support us.
- Support. I support to contribute/develop continously this project, and I hope more and more Chinese speakers can get an opportunity to recommend great tourist attractions of the world in this project.--Great Brightstar (talk) 09:59, 22 September 2013 (UTC)
- Support Why not? We have our own policy, site scripts, sitenotices, and a community. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 11:28, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
- Support It will be good for zhwy--燃玉 (Ranyv talk) 16:58, 25 September 2013 (UTC)
- Support It is wyzh, not zhwy. Btw, support it base on their working.--Hkjacksonhk (talk) 12:11, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
- +1, I love this name 维基云游, and it's traditional version 維基雲遊.--TianyinLee (talk) 18:13, 25 August 2013 (UTC)
- The vote for the name can be found at incubator:Wy/zh/Project:旅遊中心/存檔/2012年10月至12月--Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 12:16, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
The topic about logo selection has been saved to my page on ZhWP, yet the logo does not affect our contribution--we can discuss that later, after the project gets created.Super Wang (talk) 05:11, 5 July 2013 (UTC)
- The logo should be going to change in most/all of the Wikivoyages. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 06:23, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- I am strongly recommend language committee to create Wy/zh!--Hkjacksonhk (talk) 10:58, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
- Support. I support to contribute/develop continously this project, and I hope more and more Chinese users can get an opportunity to recommend great tourist attractions of the world in this project.--Great Brightstar (talk) 02:58, 20 September 2013 (UTC)
- Cool! Full supporting! By the way, make zhwy online is more important then a new name, we can change the name any time after this燃玉 (Ranyv talk) 06:21, 20 September 2013 (UTC)