Requests for new languages/Wikisource Bishnupriya Manipuri
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikisource Bishnupriya Manipuri|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bpy (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Bishnupriya Manipuri||Language name in English|
|Language name||বিষ্ণুপ্রিয়া মণিপুরী||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q37059 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||উইকিউৎস||"Wikisource" in your language|
|Project namespace||উইকিউৎস||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||উইকিউৎস য়্যারী||"Wikisource talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||[[:||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Dhaka||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
I have been working on the Bishnupriya Manipuri Wikipedia project since it started, and I am an admin. Now we have 25000+ articles. We are interested to extend our work to the Wikisource project. Wikisource project for Bishnupriya Manipuri language is most important because
- Bishnupriya Manipuri language is an endangered language. If we can use the Wikisource project, it will be a wonderful way to keep historical documents for our future generation.
- A good way to attract Bishnupriya Manipuri readers to learn about Bishnupriya Manipuri literature and history.
- Bishnupriya Manipuri language is spoken in Assam (India), Bangladesh, Manipur (India), Tripura (India), Myanmar, and various places of the Bishnupriya communities in various parts of the world.
- Approximately 500,000 people speak Bishnupriya Manipuri,
- Dialects: Madai Gang and Rajar Gang
- Bishnupriya Manipuri alphabet maps one to one to the Devanagari alphabets
- The Bishnupriya Manipuri Wikipedia has approx 25,000+ articles in it
- Strong support : will be a wonderful way to keep our historical records as well as leterary books in digital form. as a speaker of this language i think this is a much needed project Ashim2k (talk) 03:07, 4 September 2020 (UTC) (N)
- Strong support : This would be an wonderful opportunity to keep all our records, literature and other important community documents in digital form. I am a native speaker of this language and i think it is a much needful project BrahmaWiki (talk)5 September 2020 (UTC) (N)