Requests for new languages/Wikisource Baluchi
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikisource Baluchi|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bcc (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Southern Balochi||Language name in English|
|Language name||بلوچی||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q12634001 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||Baluch||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikisource" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikisource talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Replace this line with your opening argument in favour of the new project.
- I can not see any texts on Multi-lingual Wikisource, which is where languages typically begin developing a collection, and growing a community. John Vandenberg 11:34, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- It is with concern that I see w:Balochi language says "The first collection of poetry in Balochi, Gulbang by Mir Gul Khan Nasir was published in 1951", and due to his date of death his work is still covered by copyright. I wonder if there will be any non-government published works that have entered the public domain yet, which will make it difficult to build a Wikisource community in this language. John Vandenberg (talk) 12:26, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
- Against Juusomoro 20:37, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- just like John Vandenberg, no possibility to judge something, -jkb- (cs.source) 13:47, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support I support this project. --Kurdbuddha 16:38, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support I wholeheartedly support it--Ταπυροι (گپ) 07:59, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose Oppose Bodhdharma (talk) 11:44, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Strong Support and will work for this project.--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 20:38, 29 April 2016 (UTC)