Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Tajik
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Tajik|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||tg (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Tajik||Language name in English|
|Language name||Тоҷикӣ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9260 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Викииқтибос||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||Викииқтибос||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Баҳси Викииқтибос||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikiquote-logo-tg.png||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Dushanbe||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Tajik language official language in Tajikistan and has huge numbers of famous quotation by famous Tajik writers and researchers. Tajik language, is a Persian now native for over 8,5 million and over 110 million people speak in Tajik.
Created and proposed by: Rumi (N)
Arguments in favourEdit
- Strong support --CPBig88 (talk) 16:31, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Strong support There are many active users in Tajik Wikipedia and resources for quote in Tajik language are huge. My best wishes to Tajikistan! PersianRobust (talk) 16:36, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support, An active project with a big number of articles and enthusiastic contributors, including native speakers. BaburKabuli (talk) 16:40, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Comment. The support is fine. But until there is more than one contributor to the project it will not be approved. StevenJ81 (talk) 17:08, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Comment. I would support this request with both hands if you had more pages in the incubator. CerebralZerox (talk) 18:14, 20 September 2017 (UTC)