- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
Continuing from Talk:Wikiquote#Why_a_separate_project? and based on some popular usage on Chinese Wikiquote, I have found sortable tables like q:zh:假幣 (fake money) much better to allow readers to sequence quotes by when the date, where the place, who the author, what work, which portion of a work to quote, and any potentially useful remark explaining why quote, like positive and negative opinions, own quotes. Conversely, formatting prefixed asterisks in many existing language subdomains does not function in this flexible way. Therefore, I am presenting Multilingual Wikiquote to supplement but not duplicate nor replace language subdomains, and to allow users to translate quotes into any languages, as opposed to language subdomains allowing inbound but not outbound translations. If approved, further improvement will be added. Thanks.--Jusjih (talk) 04:12, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
Overlap proposal? See also Structured Wikiquote. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 12:59, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
- Please double check how secure the URL to the demo is. Thanks for reminding the overlap, so I am suspending my request here and my test at incubator. Sorry, I cannot risk damaging my computer with uncertain URL.--Jusjih (talk) 03:48, 12 April 2018 (UTC)
- So would you mind marking this request as closed in favour of pursuing the Structured Wikiquote project instead? --MF-W 19:17, 19 April 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry, I would seriously mind marking this request as closed because the demo of the Structured Wikiquote just shows 502 Bad Gateway, meaning no real demo to pursue it unless revived by someone. Thanks for having marked this proposal as stale but not fully rejected for now. Please be advised that I plan to invite Chinese Wikiquote to discuss this proposal as sortable tables are being phased in there, but moving them into multilingual Wikiquote may be much more useful, while not automatically absorbing language subdomains.--Jusjih (talk) 05:08, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.