Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Bhojpuri
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Bhojpuri|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bho (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Bhojpuri||Language name in English|
|Language name||भोजपुरी||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33268 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||विकिबिचार||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||परियोजना नेमस्पेस||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||परियोजना बतकही||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||[[:]]||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Patna||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||सोच-बिचार||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Bhojpuri is a language which is spoken in India, Nepal, Mauritius, Suriname, Jamaica, Guyana and Netherlands. It is spoken by 60 Million people all over the world. It is official language of Nepal and Fiji, nationally recognised (not officially) in Mauritius and Suriname. It is also the second official language of Jharkhand (Indian State). So kindly add Bhojpuri language on Wiktionary so the Bhojpuri speaking people could utilize it.
- Bhojpuri is an Indo-Aryan language spoken in northern-eastern India and the Terai region of Nepal. It is one of the most rapidly growing languages in the world according to People's Linguistic Survey of India. It is chiefly spoken in western Bihar and eastern Uttar Pradesh. The language is a minority language in Fiji, Guyana, Mauritius, South Africa, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago. It has over 51 million speakers all around the globe, according to the 2011 census of India, it has a big literature history as well as entertainment industry, so it deserves a wikiquote site.
- It is a famous Language in India with the status of 2nd official language of the Jharkhand state and also one of the Constitutionally recognized in Nepal and Fiji. It also spoken in Suriname, Mauritius and Carribean Islands. It deserves a Wikiquote site.
- Full Support: There is such a huge population of Bhojpuri Speakers it surely deserves it's own wikiquote. ~~~NIA3000~~~