Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Aragonese 2
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Aragonese 2|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||an (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Aragonese||Language name in English|
|Language name||aragonés||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q8765 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Madrid||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Arguments in favour/a favorEdit
- Es un idioma muy similar al español, por lo que el proyecto avanzaria rapidamente — it is a language which is very similar to Spanish, which is why the project would progress fast
- There are a lot of Aragonese proberbs and wikiquote could be a good place to create an online database
- We have a workaholic community and this language, very similar to Spanish, has got a lot of proverbs. It will have a lot of articles. --Chabi 14:54, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- There is an active community in Aragonese Wikipedia and Wiktionary and, being the lack of didactic materials one of the problems for generational transmission of aragonese, wikiquote, together with wikisource will be two very useful tools for language speakers.--Juanpabl 09:40, 15 June 2008 (UTC).
- In my opinion, this new project could be a tool for people who want to learn aragonese. Aragonese Wikipedia is considered one of the most important sites on the net written in Aragonese, and Wikiquote could be another one. We could translate famous quotes in our language which are familiar for our visitors. --Deivid 18:38, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
Arguments en contraEdit
Bueno, como ya dije al ser un idioma similar al español muchos usuarios bilingües pueden traducir los articulos y expander el proyecto en poco tiempo, la única contra que admito que hay es la poca cantidad de gente que habla el idioma salu2--Aldo Cazzulino 555 00:17, 14 June 2008 (UTC) — Well, like already said being a language very similar to Spanish, many bilingual users can translate articles and expand the project in little time, the only contra, that I admit is that there is a small quantity of people who speak the language, greetings
- Support: There are a lot of Aragonese proberbs and wikiquote could be a good place to create an online database --Willtron 13:36, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support --CHVZésar (CHV)(O mío Buzón de Correus) 13:50, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support --Chabi 14:01, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support. --Johney 15:39, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support Aragonese language is an endangered language but Aragonese Wikipedia and Wiktionary are living projects. Aragonese Wikiquote can also be, there is interest in the community.--Arco de Rayne 08:45, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support --Deivid 18:21, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support: Longtime needed in order to offer online interesting medieval and public domain texts in the language as well as an important amount of oral tradition in a culture that may otherwise be disappearing. --Estrolicador 18:49, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 96.11% of the MediaWiki messages and 62.98% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:45, 12 November 2008 (UTC)