Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tati
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Tati|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ttt (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Tat (Caucasus)||Language name in English|
|Language name||tati||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q56489 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||, , , , , A tale in Tati, Tati Idioms and Poets, zeziyardi Tati||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Replace this line with your opening argument in favour of the new project.
Arguments in favourEdit
- This language has more than 26,000 speakers in Iran and Azerbaijan. Tati because of its history has too many Idioms and tales. It was language of Azerbaijan during the ancient era in Persian Empire. So please support us to have our Wiki. Thank you. Zandweb 03:44, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support Although i support, but is there any native speaker in wikimedia? It is also spoken in iran, many of people identify themselves as Tat --Ali 10:55, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support, It is an Iranian language spoken in Azerbaijan and Iran. It will be exciting to see it's Wikipedia thriving. --Maviulke12 05:47, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support, It is an Westiranian language. --Asmen 12:13 12 June 2008 (CET)
- Support, Its an own language, what is under threat. It must be care. --Dersimic 11:01, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support, I support the wikipedia version in Tati language. It will help the main target of Wiki..--Belekvor 14:31, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- go for itQrc2006 17:33, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support, It is an Westiranian language. --Mirzali 17:43, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support, if you find any speakers. Parishan 02:12, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- Support; please support back MONTENEGRO in favor, CRNOGORSKI PATRIOTA
- Support Support --►Safir yüzüklü Ceklimesaj 12:54, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support I support the wikipedia version in Tati language. It will help the main target of Wiki.--محک 10:08, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
- Support--Baskervill (talk) 18:31, 17 September 2012 (UTC)
- Support Bodhdharma (talk) 08:03, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
- Support Kurdbuddha (talk) 12:11, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- What script(s) is/are used for the language and how is the language written ? GerardM 20:25, 3 April 2008 (UTC)
- Of the two Iranian languages of the Caucasus, Tati came here from the south. It had no written documents until the 20s of the 20th century when a Latin-based script was created for it (changed for Cyrillic in 1938). Today there is a thriving literature in Russia and Azerbaijan written in Tati.Zandweb 09:16, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- Does this mean that Cyrillic will be the script for this Wiki ? GerardM 12:44, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- Cyrilic in Dagestan and Russian federation and Latin in Azerbaijan.Zandweb 17:49, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- You are not answering the question ... GerardM 16:50, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not sure which script, but i guess that latin would be default, and arabic must be used, Cyrillic and any of russian influences is history in the 21st century --Ali 06:25, 17 June 2008 (UTC)