Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Southern Luri
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Southern Luri|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||luz (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Southern Luri||Language name in English|
|Language name||لِری دوومِنی||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q12952748 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Ali Saki (N) Setenlya (N) Kuisna (N) Geritki (N) Diaralur (N) Delsima (N) Bakhtiarina (N) Nughese (N) Biramilur (N) Mogoeilor (N), Bonevarluri (N), bluehamed (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||ویکیپدیا||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||ویکیپدیا||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||گپ||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-luz.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Iran/Tehran||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||Main Page:سرلوحه , Page: ورگه, Page talk:گپه یکیدوون زیدن, Index: سیائه, Index talk: سیائه گپ, Encyclopedia:دونسمند نامه, article:گوتار, help:همياري, toolbox:أوزاردوني, translations:ترجمئل, languages: زوونئل , Current events:پيشامدئل random articl : گفتار شانسی, contact page:ورگه تماس, Donate to Wikipedia:همياري پيلي و ویكیپدیا, View history:سیل کردن ويرگار||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||This language has a Persco-Arabic Script and font tahoma.||Anything else that should be set|
the lurish language has six main dialects that are:1-laki 2-bakhtiari 3-feyli 4-kohgiluyeh-e 5-buyerahmadi 6-kumzari the southern lurish has around 2 million native speakers that lives in kohgiluyeh va buyerahmad , fars , very little part of lorestan proviances.this dialect is divided into three main dialect that are buyerahmadi , kohgiluyeh-e , mamsani... Southern Luri, an Indo-European language in the Southwestern Group of Iranian languages, counts almost one million speakers. Still, while brief linguistic sketches have been written in Farsi, the existence of Southern Luri as a distinct language group has until recently been unknown to Western scholarship. In a recent comparative work, 'Update on Luri: How Many Languages?' (2003), Anonby established the existence of three separate languages in the Luri continuum: Lurist?ni, Bakhti?ri and Southern Luri. In the present study, the author provides a window into the phonological system of Southern Luri. Although closely related to both Bakhti?ri and Farsi, the language is nonetheless distinguished by a number of particular - and at times striking - phonological characteristics. The vowel system is marked by a rich inventory of diphthongs, several of which exhibit historical /h/ as a lengthening element. Among the numerous phonological processes, pervasive short vowel reduction and a series of consonant softenings are most prominent. Rigorous restrictions in the composition of syllables drive most of the morphophonemic processes. The study addresses the impact of borrowing on the language and concludes with a précis on speech style, stress and intonation processes. Erik John Anonby is a researcher in Linguistics at Leiden University and instructor at the Canada Institute of Linguistics. Previous to his work on Iranian languages, In addition to comparative work on the Luri languages, he has published poetry and numerous articles as well as the longer works B?hendayal: Bird Classification in Luri (forthcoming),
Arguments in favourEdit
- Support:the lurish language has six main dialects that are:1-laki 2-bakhtiari 3-feyli 4-kohgiluyeh-e 5-buyerahmadi 6-kumzari only only lurish--علی ساکی لرستانی (talk) 14:34, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- Support:southern luri has aproximately 4 milion speaker in iran and it's important to luz to had it's wikipedia lrc lori (talk) 13:53, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
- Support: The Southern Lurish or Zadasht Lurish (a combination of Zagros and Dasht words)is a living language which is spoken by millions of Lurish citizens from eastern Khouzestan (BaghMalek, Behbahan, ..) to Southern Bakhtiari and Isfahan (Lurdegan, Semirom), Entire Kohgiluye & BoyerAhmad province, Northern and Western Fars (Rostam, Mamasani, Ardekan, Eqlid, Kazerun, ..) to norhtern Bushehr (Genave, Deylam, etc). I think the Southern Lurish Wikipedia will be a very necessary and useful method for Lurish peoples` communication and information promotion.
- Near 1 million people in Iran (including the great number of monolinguals) speak this language. It's actively using at home and commerce, and has a separate ISO code. The project should be more active than now, but why can't we give a chance for this? I support the creation. --Midnight Gambler (talk) 17:31, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
- Ok about the above ISO argument and there are dozens of wikipedias with less locutors. ONaNcle (talk) 08:15, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Support:southern luri language is one branch of luri language that has four main subgroup and they are lrc or nothern luri,bqi or bakhtiari, zum or kumezari and luz or southern luri and luri speakers approximatelly ten milions in iran, iraq and other countries in the world this language has very rich verbal literature and needs to has its own wikipedia, southern luri mainly speaks in kuhkeluye, fars and khuzestan and needs to has its own wikipediaBonevarluri (talk) 13:37, 1 January 2014 (UTC)
- Support:I think lurish language is a very big language in iran with over 15 million native speakers.i wish it soon
- Support: only luri, only lur.
- Support:luri speakers are a very big population in iran and should have own Wikipedia
- Support:this wiki is more active than other wikis and should have its wiki soon.
- Support:I am buyerahmadi myself.i like this wiki a lot....
- Support:only luri southern not luri northern
- Support: The Wikipedia in Bakhtiari, another variety of the Luri language, has been verified as eligible. Professorjohnas (talk) 13:44, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- Support:I support Southern Luri language wikipedia --Setenlya (talk) 05:02, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support:luri speakers are a big population and should have own Wikipedia--Ταπυροι (گپ) 15:47, 11 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support: Southern Lurish has a million speaker and should have it own wiki.--Kuisna (talk) 11:43, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support:--Koroğlu (talk) 15:17, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support: Based on the growing amount of activity this project has gained in just the last few weeks, the project a chance to become a thriving wiki just as the Northern Luri wiki has, it should be marked as eligible whenever possible. Abrahamic Faiths (talk) 16:20, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support:Support ++
- Support--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 18:50, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
- Support--support--Nughese (talk) 04:07, 19 August 2015 (UTC)
- Support-- Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 05:35, 19 October 2015 (UTC)