- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
why fa-rum Farsi Rumi
Rum are ancient Italia in Persian poem i/ik is suffix for change noun to adjective
fa-latn, pes-latn or other also can use
- Names and codes must be standardized. StevenJ81 (talk) 23:40, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
en: This project is Persian wiki with standard Latin script. Many Persians live in foreign countries (>7 million Iranians live out of Iran and most of them are in countries that use Latin script). Also Persians in Uzbekistan use Uzbek Latin standard to write Persian, and now Tajikistan Wikipedia uses transcription for Latin-Cyrillic.
The project will use the best standard Persian Latin script, called Nowdabire (english: "new-script")
fa-pes: in piŝnahâd vikipediyâ ye Pârsi bâ dabire ye Romi hast. Pârsihâ ye besyâri dar keŝvarhâ ye bigâne zendegi mi konand (barâ ye nemune +7 milyun irâni birun az irân zendegi mi konand o biŝtarin e iŝân dar keŝvarhâ i hastand ke dabire ye lâtin be kâr mi barand) niz Pârsi-zabânhâ ye Ozbakestân (+40% az bâŝandegân e Ozbakestân) barâ ye neveŝtan e Pârsi dabire ye romi ye ozbaki râ be kâr mi barand, hamaknun vikipediyâ ye tâjikestân tarânevisi ye Romi-Sirili be kâr mi barad.
in piŝnahâd behtarin dabire ye romi ye estânde ye pârsi râ be kâr xâhad bord ke Nowdabire nâmide mi ŝavad.
- User:ariyamehrbod (N)
Oppose There is no need for a separate project for Romanized Persian. The purpose of this project can easily be accomplished by adding a script converter to the Persian Wikipedia, similar to what Kazakh Wikipedia has. DraconicDark (talk) 01:22, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
- I tried to rework this into a more understandable English; I hope I got it right. StevenJ81 (talk) 23:45, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
In persian abjad you first learn then write/read in Latin Persian you first write/read then learn!
Iran and Afghanistan use Perso-Arabic abjad that aren't alphabet, Tajikistan use Cyrillic alphabet and Uzbekistan use their Latin standard for uzbeki to write Persian. Persians around the world use their solution with non-standardized Latin (for example, see kh for x, sh for ŝ, zh for ĵ, ' for ė, gh for q and ...). I strongly support using a standard Latin alphabet for Persian.
Almost all Persians can't read accurate persian poem, because of abjad script. There are several letters with the same pronounciation—for example, ز ذ ض ظ are z! س ص ث are s! ...—that make it hard for write words for Persian. "zist" can be written 24 ways in Perso-Arabic abjad, but, only one way in Latin. Use of the Latin alphabet is increasing in Iran and Afghanistan. Also, the Tajik Wikipedia now converts Cyrillic to a non-standard Latin version and we need good sources like Wikipedia to make Persian readable for all Persians in the world. There is one solution called Nowdabire User:Ariyamehrbod
- @Ariyamehrbod: I strongly encourage you to consider creating this project in Incubator Plus on Wikia. I have explained in more detail why I do not think this project is likely to be approved here on this page. StevenJ81 (talk) 23:54, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.