Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Mon
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Mon|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||mnw (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Mon||Language name in English|
|Language name||ဘာသာ မန်||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q13349 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||ဝဳကဳပဳဒဳယာ||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-mnw.svg||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Yangon||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
It is for Burmese there, I can't realize this is the language for Mons in Myanmar, it is reading for the language, in Wikipedia, more language in myanmar will read there. --Cyrus noto3at bulaga (talk) 11:23, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
Arguments in favourEdit
- Strong support There is a lot of activity, as well and a very good degree of quality in the articles. It's a historical language with a long history. Nikosgranturismogt (talk) 18:28, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- Might be good to let @Jaenehaong: join discussion? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 07:29, 1 April 2018 (UTC)
- This is now under approval ongoing, please invite linguistics to verify the contents. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 12:32, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
Dear Liuxinyu970226 do you mean the LangCom need a professional linguist to confirm our project? We have one, who is a native Mon and living in Thailand. He is the key person on the teaching of Mon language for Mon children in Thai primary school in Thailand. Bee Htaw Monzel