Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Mesopotamian Arabic
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Mesopotamian Arabic|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||acm (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Mesopotamian Arabic||Language name in English|
|Language name||لهجة عراقية||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q56232 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||ويكيبيديا||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Baghdad 3+||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Looks like you need another code, as iso639-3:irq does not exist. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 08:28, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose --Alaa :)..! 11:42, 25 November 2017 (UTC)
- Just fyi: "Votes will be ignored when judging the proposal. Please provide arguments or reasons and be prepared to defend them." It's on top of the page. You could have read it, and taken note of it. Steinbach (formerly Caesarion) 13:49, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
- Neutral. Mesopotamian Arabic is one of the main languages spoken in Iraq, and it is also spoken in other countries. I don't argue against the creation of this WP, nevertheless I decided not to support it since there are only 2 pages until now and no activity since 2016 (as mentioned above).--FirePolyglot (talk) 15:40, 14 March 2019 (UTC)FirePolyglot
- Oppose--أبو هشام السوعان (talk) 10:51, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose What a absurd coincidences! Migration season to the absurd. -- صالح (talk) 19:52, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- @أبو هشام السوعان and صالح: But then, you should know that Proposals for closing projects/Deletion of Wikipedia Masri (Egyptian Arabic Dialect) was rejected because it's "not properly filed at all", so are you all asking that such proposal should re-happened? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 21:46, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose As long as there is an Arabic encyclopedia, there is no benefit from this project. --عبد الله (talk) 06:23, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose-- All Arab countries speak Arabic and understand it why you wants to differentiates between the Arab peoples.--Bander7799 (talk) 09:01, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose All speakers of Mesopotamian understand and speak Arabic as an official language. So I'm definitely against these projects.--Faisal talk 15:51, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose No need to create too many Arabic dialects wikis, their users can and should contribute to ar:. --188.8.131.52 09:07, 24 July 2019 (UTC)