Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Madurese 2
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Madurese 2|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||mad (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Madurese||Language name in English|
|Language name||Madhurâ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q36213 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||Wikipèdia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Jakarta||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Madurese is a Indonesian language spoken in Madura. The language has more than 15,000,000 speakers worldwide. There were 1 previous requests were closed during the language proposal reform. I decided to make a 2nd request. Hopefully the request will gain attention by native speakers and hopefully get this wiki created. Willy2000 (talk) 22:55, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
merged from Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Basa Medhureh: Madurese language is a language which is widely spoken, mainly in the whole Madura Island, eastern part of East Java (including southern Kabupaten Pasuruan, Bondowoso, Situbondo, Probolinggo, and Jember), also in some other parts of Java and Kalimantan.
- Support Willy2000 (talk) 23:17 1 February 2015 (UTC)
- Support RusdianaDablang (talk) 00:46, 4 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support Madurese is the 3rd largest regional language in Indonesia after Javanese and Sundanese with 13 million speakers. Masjawad99 (talk) 7:28, 11 Nov 2017 (UTC)
- Support Wirjadisastra (talk) 03:38, 26 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support AbdiAfrizal (talk) 11:18, 27 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support Madura is a prominent regional language with steady user base. With proper support and a stable community of editor, a Madura Wikipedia would be feasible. D.W. Fisher-Freberg (talk) 13:30, 10 June 2020 (UTC)