Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Hutsul
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Hutsul|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||(SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Hutsul||Language name in English|
|Language name||Huţulschiĭ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q12098643 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
I propose a version of Wikipedia in the Hutsul language.The language is spoken in the Maramureș region of Romania, Subcarpathia and Pokutsia in Ukraine.
- en:Hutsuls are a sub-group of Ukrainians, they speak a dialect of Ukrainian language. There is no "Hutsul language", there is only Hutsul dialect of Ukrainian (uk:Гуцульський говір), scientists do not consider it as a separate language (there is no ISO code for it) — NickK (talk) 18:56, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
- No ISO code. Seems to be a version of Ukrainian. StevenJ81 (talk) 19:48, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- as well as NickK. --Микола Василечко (talk) 07:57, 13 September 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry for so-so English. Some info. Modern Ukwiki have been written by postsoviet spelling (uk:правопис) (it's an official in modern postsoviet Ukraine; it predecessor is so calling Ukrainian spelling 1933 see uk:Український правопис 1933 року, it have been created at the time of en:Russification). Mach oh Ukrainians thinks that only Ukrainian spelling 1928 (uk:Харківський правопис) is really Ukrainian. --Бучач-Львів (talk) 09:51, 13 September 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose No ISO code. --184.108.40.206 08:38, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose Simple no code no project case. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 22:45, 23 August 2019 (UTC)