Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Anglish
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Anglish|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||en (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Anglish, New English, Pure English||Language name in English|
|Language name||Anglish||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||Wikilorebook||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
English: Anglish is a constructed language based on English like Simple English, with only germanic words and almost no word borrowed from other languages. Anglish: Anglish is a madeup speech grounded on English like Eath English, with only Theedish words and almost no word borrowed from other speechs.
Anglish on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglish the Anglish: http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Headside What is Anglish? http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/What_is_Anglish%3F the history: http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Anglish the reasons: http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Reasons_for_Anglish the methods: http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Methods_in_Anglish the goals: http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Goals_of_Anglish Anglish on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anglish/242781915742432
Anglish has no ISO code. Besides, we have enough Anglic Wikipedias (ang: Old English, en: Modern English, sco: (Modern) Scots, simple: Simple English, not to mention English creoles). I don't think a pure Germanic English Wikipedia is needed. Who would read it? PiRSquared17 (talk) 11:44, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- Latin and Church Slavonic Wikipedias might not have been accepted today, as dead languages aren't allowed to be created anymore. Simple English was created before the current language policy, but the language committee says that creation of some simple projects is allowed, but only for well known simplifications where there is a well-defined standard. PiRSquared17 (talk) 12:33, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- There has already been a community for Anglish and I think the sufficiency of anglic Wikipedia can not be an insurmountable obstacle for the creation of a new anglic Wikipedia.Yaochenwei (talk) 12:50, 11 February 2014 (UTC)