Requests for new languages/Wikinews Ladino
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikinews Ladino|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||lad (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Ladino||Language name in English|
|Language name||Ladino||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q36196 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Vikiháber||"Wikinews" in your language|
|Project namespace||Vikiháber:||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Vikiháber diskusyón:||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikinews-logo-lad.png||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Israel||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||Komentarios de la hoja:||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||The namespace "komentarios de la hoja" is for give opinions about the article, something like in the english wikinews "Opinion" namespace, spanish wikinews "Comentarios" namespace, and make something to prevent "Komentarios de la hoja talk:"||Anything else that should be set|
- I want a new edition of a Wikimedia project for the Ladino language. We have currently more than 23 articles. I always look for improve my spelling, and also we have little edit-a-thons for create more pages. Hope my project gets accepted. Atomi20 (talk) 04:28, 12 July 2021 (UTC) (also see this note)
- Do you have a native speaker backing your project? I am from Israel and as far as I know all speakers are elderly. I saw that your profile says you have level 2 proficiency in the language, so I don't think it's a good idea unless you have native speakers to guide you. Ido66667 (talk) 14:52, 13 October 2021 (UTC)
- Locations spoken: Mainly in Israel.
- I can't vectorize the image, could someone help me