Requests for new languages/Wikibooks Gilaki
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikibooks Gilaki|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||glk (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Gilaki||Language name in English|
|Language name||گیلکی||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33657 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||AminSanaei (N), varg(N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||Wikibooks||"Wikibooks" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikibooks talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Arguments in favourEdit
- Support - we want to have Wikibooks Gilaki. --AminSanaei 09:09, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Support - I wholeheartedly support it! --Mirzali 22:26, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - I support this project! --Erdemaslancan 14:10, 30 October 2011 (CET)
- Support - Im support it, too. --Ταπυροι (گپ) 07:52, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support - We want to start Wikibooks Gilaki. --شیخ (talk) 20:47, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose - This is one out of 5 proposals for a Gilaki wiki. Though Limburgish has so many proposals too there's a difference. There's no activity and Gilaki does not seem to be ready get for a Wikibooks, a Wikinews, a Wikiquote, a Wiktionary nor a Wikiversity. Maybe this will change in the future but not now. If there's any activity shown, I'll become in favour of this request. --OosWesThoesBes 15:56, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose - Please make sure the Gilaki Wikipedia is much larger and come back later. --Jeroen 02:10, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose - even Gilaki Wikipedia is almost dead. --Z 18:20, 9 May 2012 (UTC))
- Oppose - Gilaki Wikipedia doesn't have good situation right now. Why do you need to establish wikibooks?. So in this moment we need to expand it more. Come back when you made it larger. thanks. TheStrayDog (talk) 12:29, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose This language doesn't have an active community and its Wikipedia is almost dead.TerranBoy (talk) 12:13, 17 September 2017 (UTC)
- Localisation is still extremely poor: 3% of the most often used messages, 1% of all core messages translated. Siebrand 17:16, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 0.92% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.15% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 10:24, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 0.89% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.10% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 11:00, 12 November 2008 (UTC)