Requests for new languages/Wikibooks Ancash Quechua
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikibooks Ancash Quechua|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||qwh (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Ancash Quechua||Language name in English|
|Language name||Nunashimi, Runashimi or Qichwa||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q35104 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Michael junior obregon pozo (P).|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||Wikilimaytukuna||"Wikibooks" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikiliwrukuna||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikibooks talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikibooks-logo-qwh.svg.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||America/Lima (UTC-5)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Ancash quechua is spoken by approximately 1 000 000 people 
- Locations spoken: Ancash Region.
- Ancash quechua language has a well defined Grammar and Dictionary and has wide usage Huaylas quechua Grammar by Prof.Gary J. Parker, Huaylas quechua Dictionary by Prof.Leonel Alexander Menacho López
- Huaylas quechua has published literatures mostly by local people and earlier period it was by Evangelical ministries .
- Other books published is Wamrakunapaq willakuykuna by Prof Leonel Alexander Menacho López
- Short bible stories in Huaylas quechua and many other literature are in this language.
- New testament and parts of old testament printed in Ancash quechua.
- The quechuans languages are spoken by 10 millions people, already there is a Wikibooks in Quechua but Huaylas is a central quechua and southern Quechua are not inteligible with Huaylas quechua, that is spoken by 300 000 persons, this is a Peru's native language ,the proposal is don't forget the ancestral language, with this project I propose keep the flockore of the people and our native stories .
- I will add this language is spoken by 30‰ of the population of Ancash region in Peru .
- Oppose I'm an admin of Persian Wikibooks. Besides I have participate discussions in English Wikibooks. There are some disorders in choosing which content is suitable for the project, how long each page should be, who can and who should edit the content on professional books, etc. In some cases you see a book with a good contents outline but full of red links without any content. These makes Wikibooks a complicated project which is not good for languages which its speakers don't have a high online population. That's why I have requested for deletion of several Wikibooks projects by now. --Doostdar (talk) 16:45, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose for now. I'd like to see Wikipedia in this language graduate from Incubator and show growth before I believe that Wikibooks in it can be viable. Max Semenik (talk) 01:04, 31 October 2019 (UTC)