- To ensure that users are already familiar with the policies of at least one Wikimedia project, those applying for an account should be administrators or active editors in good standing [on any Wikimedia wiki], particularly active editors and translators on Meta and movement-level projects, or members of a Wikimedia committee or Chapter. Creation of an account is not automatic and is subject to approval.
- To ensure that requests are not forged, only registered users on Meta can submit requests. Please keep this page on your watchlist and check back on your request; you may be asked for more information before a request is accepted or rejected. If you do not respond, your request may be removed. If you do not have an account and wish to create one, please visit this info page. If you already have an account, please log in to edit this page. Thank you!
- After seeing your request fulfilled, please archive your section. Thanks!
- your username, with a link to a Wikimedia project where you are an admin or the names of the committees or local chapters of which you are a member
- a valid email address (not Special:Emailuser. We need a valid e-mail address to plug into the "create an account by e-mail" form.)
- the reason(s) you need an account
- your dated signature
Please note: You do not need an account on the Foundation wiki to help with most translations, and requests for accounts simply to translate will be denied. Translation work is done here on Meta-Wiki so that many people can collaborate and so that pages can be proofread before being published. If you wish to apply to do "WikiGnome work" please first spend time being active on Foundation wiki feedback or other Meta-/Foundation-level projects.
Thank you for your interest!