For my talk, it'd be useful to illustrate the typical development of an article, and to allow the participants to see the same for any article of their choosing. I imagine that we could have a script that produces a ""movie" of the article history, perhaps starting from a specific revision to the present. Ideas for such a script would be welcome.
Some ideas that occur right away:
- Time the frames either by edit, or by time persisting on the web.
- Condense edits by the same editor, within a certain time-frame.
- Keep a running tally of the dominant contributors as the history unfolds.
- Set overall time of the "movie"
- Detect and skip vandalism
- Set a threshold for short-lived versions; maybe skip those, too.
- Display edit summaries?