- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is accepted and the proposed actions should be taken.
- A Language Committee member provided the following comment::
As there is currently neither a Wikimedia New Zealand chapter nor plans to found it, the wiki is only a vandalism target. The project can be easily reopened if there are people interested in forming a chapter. --MF-W
11:47, 29 March 2012 (UTC) Bug 35581
- Type: 2 (non-routine proposal)
- Proposed outcome: closure
- Proposed action regarding the content: Should stay in place
- Notice on the project: https://nz.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Informed Group(s): —
This chapter has never been created. The wiki itself has been inactive since 2007. However, it still attracts spam from time to time. I propose to lock it for the time being. Ruslik 18:09, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
- Close. If the local chapter doesn't exist, they don't need the wiki. Ajraddatz (Talk) 18:38, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
- Close. Per nominator's rationale. —Marco Aurelio (Nihil Prius Fide) 19:18, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: The practice at Wikimedia chapters for planned or proposed chapters is a bit inconsistent in locating preliminary work sometimes at a dedicated website and sometimes at Meta. This case, and a previous case regarding a sub-domain placeholder, might suggest that it is better to use Meta until the chapter actually exists. ~ Ningauble 19:43, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- Chapters-to-be sometimes get a wiki to work on to get their stuff together - as in this case. It seems however there is no recent communication, and no activity whatsoever. I guess closing might make sense, to be sure you could check with the Australian chapter if they know it would make any sense keeping it in the air. Effeietsanders 21:00, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Close, with regret. I hope that a chapter organises itself in NZ in the near future, but at the moment it looks like any activity on this wiki has stalled. Craig Franklin 08:53, 9 January 2012 (UTC).
- Close it per above.--U.Steele 07:24, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Check with any member of Wikimedia Australia if Wikimedia New Zealand need the wiki or if they are active. I see, in chapters page, that WMNZ haven't a newly communications with ChapCom. If both things are negative, then close the wiki: they can solicit the re-open or re-assign them. Superzerocool 19:21, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
- Lankiveil (Craig Franklin) is actually the Treasurer of Wikimedia Australia. Ruslik 08:40, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
- Comment :As one of the people who proposed the chapter this does not come as a surprise.Despite this, every so often talk about a chapter does start back up again. But over all, the process is currently stalled. Personally, I think it is harmless just keeping the wiki as it is. So when chapter talk restarts we are good to go Brian Wikinews / Talk 03:03, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
- It is not completely harmless as there is spam. And in case the chapter is activated the wiki can be easily unlocked. Ruslik 13:19, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- Close, no chapter, no activity on-wiki, no great amount of information to retain. Snowolf How can I help? 02:51, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
- Close, per Snowolf and others. It also may pose as a potential target for spammers. Hazard-SJ ± 02:09, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.