Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Gotic Wikipedia
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is rejected and the project will be kept open.
- A Language Committee member provided the following comment: I consider this discussion harmful, with no reasonable possibility of a decision to close the wiki. A one-sentence proposal from an IP that merely refers to an RFC that actually wants to allow more projects like gotwiki cannot be serious. Therefore, I'm closing it as allowed by the closing projects policy. --MF-W 19:25, 3 November 2021 (UTC)
- Type: 1 (routine proposal)
- Proposed outcome: closure
- Proposed action regarding the content: should be transferred to Wikimedia Incubator
- Notice on the project: Wikipedia Gotic (𐍅𐌹𐌺𐌹𐍀𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌾𐌰𐌹 𐌲𐌿𐍄𐌹𐍃𐌺𐌰𐌹)
- Informed Group(s): ALPES Ancient Language Promotion, Education and Support (noticed on talk page)
This is a historical language, it doesn't uses now. I remind about active RFC for this theme. But it isn't approved. Thanks! 188.8.131.52 16:57, 30 October 2021 (UTC)
Move to incubator. Like nominator says, this is historical Language. 184.108.40.206 17:01, 30 October 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose until the RfC has concluded Atlantic306 (talk) 02:35, 31 October 2021 (UTC)
- Strong oppose No, not again. This isn't even a valid request, given that Not meeting the current Language proposal policy requirements is not a valid reason. and Inactivity in itself is no valid reason; additional problems are. When the Wikimedia Incubator is at a stage where it is usable to a certain extent like a real wiki, inactivity may become a valid reason.. So no, speedy keep that wiki open SHB2000 (talk | contibs) 11:12, 31 October 2021 (UTC)
Strong support This is historical and Dead language. Delete. 2A02:4780:1:17:0:0:0:E 15:23, 1 November 2021 (UTC)