- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is rejected and the project will be kept open.
- A Language Committee member provided the following comment:
Closed under the "Harmful" clause.
Obviously not within the scope of the Closing projects policy. There were no reactions to this proposal of a vandal (see below) either. --MF-W
22:55, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- Type: 2 (non-routine proposal)
- Proposed outcome: full transliteration or elimination of Latin content
- Proposed action regarding the content: Cyrillic script content should remain, and no Latin content should be allowed in the wiki.
- Notice on the project: Please warn the project
- Informed Group(s): Wikimedia Russia [has never been informed, probably --MF-W 22:55, 15 April 2012 (UTC)]
Read before going on rampage:
I am listing this under proposals for closing wikipedias since there isn't a place for the specific issue to be addressed which would give this proposal the wide audience it needs.
This is not a proposal to close or delete an entire wikipedia — only half of it.
Prior to the POV issue, I found that the entire project had been more or less Latin-written content created by some users, and whose singular mission it was to propagate the idea that Chechen should/must/ought to be written in Cyrillic script (all official languages of Russia should always be written in Cyrillic). While this idea might have its merits and whoever supports it is free to lobby for it elsewhere, wikipedia should not be te place where one can start such a campaign by simply imposing a "bi-scriptural" approach.
I therefore propose that the Latin-part of this wikipedia shall be deleted or transliterated back to Cyrillic and all system-messages be reverted to the Cyrillic orthography only (unless automatic transliteration is adopted in the future).
Warcraft (talk) 02:15, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
- And what about the logo of this Wiki? It is in Latin script too.--U.Steele (talk) 06:38, 1 April 2012 (UTC)
- Comment Warcraft is blocked as the long-term vandal SGF. Trijnsteltalk 21:55, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.