PH Virtual Meeting
- June 5, 2021 (Saturday) 08:00 - 09:30 pm (Philippine Standard Time)
- Via Google Meet (meet.google.com/vow-haij-sfm)
- Ralffralff (talk) 14:53, 3 June 2021 (UTC)
- Filipinayzd (talk) 01:28, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
- Buszmail (talk) 11:50, 6 June 2021 (UTC)
(sign up here)
- Community orientation (Short self-introduction)
- Community Chapters
Summary of discussionEdit
- Ira Villanueva
- Irvin Sto. Tomas
- Ralff Nestor Nacor
- Johnny Alegre
1. Community orientation (Short self-intro)Edit
(Skipped the self-intro part)
The virtual meeting formally started at 8:37 pm.
2. Community ChaptersEdit
The virtual meeting started with a review of current and previous proposals on local chapters. Irvin gave a backgrounder of the idea of having chapters in the Philippines. He shared this talk page as an overview of the current proposal and this Meta page for the old proposal which did not get support from existing Filipino Wikimedians who would later establish their own groups.
Ira expressed that they want a Cavite chapter.
Johnny thought a branch in Manila is feasible. Initially, he suggested to call it NCR or Metro Manila.
Ralff suggested Mega Manila to include members who are based in Cavite and Angeles City. Greater Manila Area as the scope of the branch would exclude a Kapampangan member.
Irvin shared that he and Ralff have initially discussed to have a chapter or branch in Bicol. Two chapters are ideal as there are also members from Rinconada speaking towns in Camarines Sur.
3. Raffle drawEdit
(Skipped the raffle draw part)
The virtual meeting formally ended at 9:39 pm after a groupie.