Methodology to improve the Wikimedia platform UX is a movement strategy initiative from the recommendation Improve User Experience. This initiative was one of the priorities (from the initiative cluster B) selected for global implementation during the Movement Strategy Transition events. It was also widely-prioritized by local communities and affiliates, especially emerging ones.
Content from the recommendation:
Methodology to improve the Wikimedia platform UX research, design, testing and community engagement:
- Involve representatives of designers, technical developers, communities, and user profiles in iterative user experience (UX) design, research and result dissemination processes to raise awareness and enable better decision-making.
- Test and validate the usability of products with different user profiles (advanced editors, technical contributors, and newcomers reflecting the diversity we aim for).
Community engagement around product design and UX:
- Inform communities about the state of UX, collaborate on needs, and support them in taking responsibility to be more inclusive by addressing barriers that prevent growth, diversification, and participation.
Adaptable UX to various devices:
- Interfaces designed intentionally for a wide range of devices so users can consume and contribute in diverse contexts.
Below are some of the previous discussions around this initiative:
Interested in implementationEdit
- Tgr (talk) 11:53, 19 May 2021 (UTC)
- Elisha Cohen (WMDE) (talk) 13:39, 2 June 2021 (UTC)