|Choose Your Top Priorities
||Why is it prioritized?
|From Improve User Experience:
- 9. Methodology to improve the Wikimedia platform UX research, design, testing and community engagement
- 11. Resources for newcomers
- 12. Peer-to-peer spaces
- 14. Cross-project tool development and reuse
|Many users are solely dependent on mobile devices. making UX improvement and adaptability essential for their contribution. Peer-to-peer spaces provide a great way for users to connect and learn better. Supporting newcomers is integral to the continued growth of the Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects should be accessible to everyone, not only those with a technical capacity.
|From Ensure Equity in Decision-Making:
- 24. The Global Council
- 25. Regional & thematic hubs
- 26.Flexible resource allocation framework
|The Global Council will allow for the representation of many voices that are currently missing across the Wikimedia movement. Regional hubs will help user groups conduct more productive partnerships. It will also provide a potentially more equitable framework to allocate resources for smaller affiliates, and will be able to employ dedicated regional/local staff to support volunteers.
|From Invest in Skills and Leadership Development:
- 31. Global approach for local skill development
- 32. Leadership development plan
- 33. Skill development infrastructure
|Lack of many encyclopedia writing-related skills is a major challenge for the Arabic-language projects. Investing in skills will help allow more newcomers to join the Wikimedia projects and to develop their various capacities. Launching a skill-building platform will also help us train contributors and save the time of older contributors who usually need to provide this kind of support.