Move meta.wikipedia.org to wikimedia.org
- Meta.wikipedia can be used for things which refer specifically to Wikipedia.
- Logical since Wikipedia isn't the only WikiWiki now.
- For the record, Wikipedia was never the only wiki. There were many, many, many before it. -- Stephen Gilbert
- Mea culpa. I mean that Wikipedia isn't the only WikiWiki made by Wikimedia. -- Emperorbma
- Time and effort.
- Very little gained.
Initial Idea: Emperorbma 03:31 8 Jul 2003 (UTC)
How about making Wikimedia the international portal that many people want so badly? --Eloquence 02:06, 9 Jul 2003 (UTC)
- I don't know if this is the right place, becuase I've seen something about this somewhere else, but the international portal, in my opinion, should be www.wikipedia.org. The english version should be en.wikipedia.org. wikimedia.org should be a portal to the various projects under the wikimedia umbrella (in different languages if you like) as well as information on the Foundation and maybe some background. Wikimedia represents everything being done and is also the source of funding. Perhaps when a board is announced, the central point for the board should be at wikimedia as well. Anything that is related to "the big picture" shoudl be under wikimedia, and anything more specific should be under the specific domain name. Just my thoughts. Neolux 13:24 29 Jul 2003 (UTC)
- Wikimedia.org (or WikimediaFoundation.org with Wikimedia.org being a url redirect) is going to be the home website for the Foundation, yes. And www.wikipedia.org should eventually be an International "portal" for the different language versions of Wikipedia. But that will require many software changes in order to be useful in a wiki way. --Maveric149 14:02 29 Jul 2003 (UTC)
I do very much agree that meta should be moved to meta.wikimedia.org but please just forward all urls to the new home. We need to have one place to coordinate all Wikimedia projects - there is no reason to have separate meta's for separate projects. Very nice synergies between the different projects will develop if we do all our meta talk in one place. Number of edits/day doesn't matter - en.wiki does just fine with 4,000 a day. --Maveric149 14:02 29 Jul 2003 (UTC)
A heartily "me too" to this plan. --Elian 02:12, 27 Jun 2004 (UTC)