Wikimedia monthly activities meetings/2013-07
Most updates should be done in lightning-talk form, typically 3 minutes + 2 minutes for Q/A
- July 2013 Welcomes
- A State of Decline? The State of Wikimedia Communities as of July 2013 presentation by Erik Moeller, Howie Fung, Maryana Pinchuk, Steven Walling, Dario Taraborelli (ca. 20 minutes + 5 minutes discussion)
- VisualEditor: Lightning update on the rollout (5 minutes) and user experience walkthrough / Q&A (10-20 minutes); slides [PDF]
- Update on single-user-login changes (RobLa/Chris, 5 minutes)
- Grant-making and Programs
- Legal, Community Advocacy, and Communications
- Fast update on Annual Plan (Sue, 5 minutes)
- For more information about WMF activities and metrics for the month of June, see the monthly report.
For a more immersive viewing experience, check out this slideshow in my Wikimania photo set on Flickr. We hope to bring more multimedia features like this slideshow mode to MediaWiki projects in the coming year! : )
Enjoy ... Fabrice Florin (WMF) -- 17:58, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Fabrice, thanks a lot for taking these photos of the presentations! They are really useful for illustrating the monthly WMF report. Matthew also took quite a few of them, which I have added above.
- There is actually already a slideshow feature on Commons - e.g. you can view these images as a slideshow here. I'm sure your team will greatly improve upon its functionality, of course.
- Regards, Tbayer (WMF) (talk) 18:58, 12 July 2013 (UTC)