Wikimedia monthly activities meetings
The Wikimedia monthly activities meetings concluded after the 29 August 2019 meeting. This page is kept for historical reference. For more recent information, please visit:
The Wikimedia monthly activities meeting is an opportunity to share stories, initiatives, projects, research, and more about the Wikimedia movement.
The Wikimedia monthly activities meetings (previously known as the Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meetings) are hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation and open to anyone involved with or interested in the Wikimedia movement. Speakers include Wikimedia Foundation staff, volunteer Wikimedians from around the world, and other free and open knowledge leaders. We invite you to watch and learn more about Wikipedia, its sister sites, the free and open knowledge movement, and the people who make them possible.
The meetings typically take place on the last Thursday of each month at the Wikimedia Foundation's San Francisco offices. The meetings are broadcast live and available for everyone to view via YouTube Live. Remote video participation via videoconference is possible, but limited to presenters.
Public video recordings will be available after the meeting under the same YouTube link and on Wikimedia Commons. An automated log of the IRC conversation can be downloaded here.
- When: 29 August 2019 starting at 18:00 UTC (11:00 Pacific Daylight Time)
- Physical location: Chip Deubner lounge, Wikimedia Foundation office, San Francisco
- IRC participation: #wikimedia-officeconnect (log can be downloaded here)
- Video recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhoJb6rwkfc
Facilitator: Gregory Varnum, Communications Strategist, Wikimedia Foundation
- Welcome and introduction to agenda - 2 minutes
- Movement update - 3 minutes
- Wikimedia movement strategy update
- Wikipedia’s role in Teenagers lives
- Wikimedia Space
- Concluding this meeting
- Questions and discussion - 10 minutes
- Wikilove - 5 minutes
Coordination and participationEdit
The Wikimedia monthly activities meetings are coordinated by the Wikimedia Foundation Communications department.